November 30, 2006
– On This Week’s “Viral,” Veoh Gets Infected with
‘The Ointment’ and ‘Amanda Congdon ’ –
SAN DIEGO, CA – November 30, 2006 – Veoh Networks (www.veoh.com), the leading innovator in Internet television, recently debuted ‘Viral’, a ground-breaking weekly Internet television news show that features exclusive news, celebrity and producer interviews, and first–look sneak peeks at today’s most popular shows on the Internet.
‘Viral’ also offers tips and tricks on how to create your own Internet television show and advice on how to succeed in this exciting and emerging space.
Each Friday a new episode of ‘Viral’, hosted by award-winning broadcaster Sunny Gault, gives viewers an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the world of Internet television.
This week’s show, which launches on Friday, December 1, 2006, features:
- The Ointment – Get a behind-the-scenes view of how this new political interest show is produced by husband and father of two Steve Tatham. We follow Steve as he comes home from his day job, eats dinner with the family, reads and puts the kids to bed, and then produces his daily show. (www.theointment.com)
- Amanda Congdon – An exclusive interview with Internet star and former host of Rocketbook Amanda Congdon. Amanda has recently struck deals with ABC and HBO and shares what she has learned along the way. (www.amandacongdon.com)
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About – Each week, this VIRAL-original segment offers new insight into your favorite Internet shows. This week, we feature Ty Paddington, the animated character of Shobiz Newsy News, a weekly internet show that focuses on Hollywood headlines. A more in-depth interview with creator Jim Chroma will appear on next week’s show.
- In-Focus – VIRAL’s new recurring segment features Internet TV news, as well as tips and tricks to help broadcasters get started on their own Internet television shows. This week’s segment focuses on the Podcamp schedule, Internet attorney Evan Brown's Blog, a sneak peek of Veoh's new publisher features starting next week, and how to create great lighting for your production.
‘Viral’ is produced exclusively for Veoh and helmed by executive producer and host Sunny Gault.
New episodes are available each week on www.veoh.com.
About Veoh Networks, Inc.
Veoh Networks is a new, innovative Internet television broadcasting system that delivers broadcast-quality entertainment and informational content via the Internet, using unique distribution technologies to allow for unlimited capacity for both long- and short-form programming. Veoh allows content producers from major entertainment studios and television networks to independent video producers and enthusiasts to deliver high-quality, full-screen video directly to consumers without financial, geographical or capacity restrictions found in traditional broadcasting systems. This democratization of video distribution fundamentally changes the dynamics of television, creating unprecedented choice for consumers and a compelling marketplace for content providers and advertisers. Headquartered in San Diego, California with additional offices in Los Angeles, Veoh Networks is privately held company that is backed by leading technology and media investors, including Spark Capital, Michael Eisner’s Tornante Company, Time Warner Inc. and Shelter Capital Partners.