December 8, 2006
– On This Week’s “Viral,” Veoh Gets Infected with
‘Ask a Ninja,’ ‘ShoBiz Newsy News’ and ‘Jet Set Show’ –
SAN DIEGO, CA – December 8, 2006 – Veoh Networks (www.veoh.com), the leading innovator in Internet television, recently debuted ‘Viral’, a ground-breaking weekly Internet television news show that features exclusive news, celebrity and producer interviews, and first–look sneak peeks at today’s most popular shows on the Internet.
‘Viral’ also offers tips and tricks on how to create your own Internet television show and advice on how to succeed in this exciting and emerging space.
Each Friday a new episode of ‘Viral’, hosted by award-winning broadcaster Sunny Gault, gives viewers an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the world of Internet television.
This week’s show, which launches on Friday, December 8, 2006, features:
- Ask a Ninja – It's a big week for the ninjas everywhere! Tuesday was the "annual day of the Ninja". It's also the date of the Ask A Ninja DVD Release Party. Ask a Ninja recently celebrated their one year anniversary and already they're one of the most popular Internet video shows. This week, we sit down with co-creator Kent Nichols, to see how he’s dealing with all the success and how it’s affecting the creators of other Internet shows. (www.askaninja.com)
- ShoBiz Newsy News - Meet the men behind the animated series ShoBiz Newsy News. First, we introduce you to the man behind all the magic, creator Jim Choma. Then, Sunny sits down on the set with Ty Paddington, the animated anchor from ShoBiz Newsy News. So just how tough is it to interview an animated character? Watch and find out. (www.zipperfish.com)
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About – Each week, this Viral-original segment offers new insight into your favorite Internet shows. This week, we feature Steve Woolf and Zadi Diaz from Jet Set Show. Jet Set Show is a teen-oriented show that focuses on Internet culture and is one of the few shows out there specifically targeting this generation.
- In-Focus – VIRAL’s new recurring segment features Internet TV news, as well as tips and tricks to help broadcasters get started on their own Internet television shows. This week’s segment focuses on an internet casting call for "The Objective"- a new movie directed by Daniel Myrick (director "The Strand" and co-creator of the Blair Witch Project). We'll show people how they can audition online. We also focus on videocamera tips and discuss some basic functions that give productions a more professional look.
‘Viral’ is produced exclusively for Veoh and helmed by executive producer and host Sunny Gault.
New episodes are available each week on www.veoh.com.
About Veoh Networks, Inc.
Veoh Networks is a new, innovative Internet television broadcasting system that delivers broadcast-quality entertainment and informational content via the Internet, using unique distribution technologies to allow for unlimited capacity for both long- and short-form programming. Veoh allows content producers from major entertainment studios and television networks to independent video producers and enthusiasts to deliver high-quality, full-screen video directly to consumers without financial, geographical or capacity restrictions found in traditional broadcasting systems. This democratization of video distribution fundamentally changes the dynamics of television, creating unprecedented choice for consumers and a compelling marketplace for content providers and advertisers. Headquartered in San Diego, California with additional offices in Los Angeles, Veoh Networks is privately held company that is backed by leading technology and media investors, including Spark Capital, Michael Eisner’s Tornante Company, Time Warner Inc. and Shelter Capital Partners.